Lighting Workshop: One Light. Starting with Off Camera Flash
July 31, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 2:00 pm CDT$300 – $350
About Momentum’s One Light. Starting with Off Camera Flash Workshop
Have you ever wondered why some images pop with color and contrast while others are overexposed and flat? Flash Photography is an asset in any professional photographer’s repertoire. The sun doesn’t always give photographers the best light at the right time to create a shoot. So learning flash is essential.
On the other hand, when used poorly, flash photography can create looks that are often terrible and unfavorable for your subject or client. With everything in life and photography, knowledge and practice can help you improve your understanding of light. In this Momentum Workshop, you will be introduced (or reintroduced) to flash photography by educator, author, and professional photographer, Cam Evans. Cam will introduce lighting concepts that take your current understanding of continuous natural light, exposure, and composition and bring you into the flash photography using one off camera strobe light.
- How flash works for natural light shooters
- Balancing natural (ambient) light with flash
- Using a light meter to set your exposure
- Understanding TTL and Manual Flash
- Understanding flash roles and when to use them
- When and how to use Studio strobes versus speedlights
- Creating more light with one flash
- Considerations for purchasing studio strobes
- Learn how to understand portrait lighting with off camera flash (OCF)
- Understand how to use light meters to accurately measure and set your exposure
- How to create lighting recipes for consistency and experimentation
- How to use lighting modifiers to sculpt and shape light
- How, when, and why you will need to add light to different photography challenges
- Practice using wireless flash triggers with studio strobes
This workshop will provide interactive presentation, lighting demonstrations, and hands-on practice to help photographers build their professional lighting skills with studio flash photography.
Required Participants Resources
- DSLR Camera or Interchangeable Lens Mirrorless Camera (any major brand)
- Portrait Photography Lens (50mm to 200mm)
- Reliable storage memory card appropriate for your camera.
- Spare camera batteries
- Note-taking materials.
Momentum Events Refund Policy
MADEGRANDBYCAM™ will refund you the entire amount of the Momentum™ Workshop up to 7 calendar days before the event start.
Usage Rights for Portfolio Images
Cam has crafted each Momentum Workshop to give you the best learning experience and an incredible portrait shoot. We want you to feel accomplished and inspired by your workshop folio imagery and use them. Please include @MADEGRANDBYCAM and use #MOMENTUM in your social sharing captions, mentions, blogs, comments, and tags for your Momentum™ Workshop images. This is to maintain the integrity of the work we show prospective photography clients.
Bonus Materials: MADEGRANDBYCAM™ Lighting Recipes for One-Light Flash Photography
Workshops participants will have an opportunity to acquire Cam’s Momentum™ Lighting Recipe Notebook for One-Light Flash to inspire your own creative development and portrait photography.
One-Light Flash for Portrait Photography
Bonus Materials: Learn to create dramatic portrait lighting, beauty portraits, headshots, and more with just one-light.
About Your Instructor
CAM EVANS is the Photographer/Owner of MADEGRANDBYCAM, LLC and a photographer for more than two decades. His approach to photography is inspired by modern immersive design and cinematography. He is drawn towards vibrant color, sculpted light, and the timelessness of monochromatic tonality in his signature style. A former educator, USAF Veteran, and an MBA graduate of the University of Texas-Dallas, Cam has one curious, creative, and beautiful daughter that muses his humanity.